I’m Sue and I’m a menstrual cycle mentor, yoga teacher and author of Yoga and the Menstrual Cycle – Live in Harmony with your Natural Rhythm.
I struggled with my cycle for 30 years until I found that living in sync with my natural cyclical changes and the optimal type of yoga at the appropriate time eliminated my period pain and premenstrual syndrome. To my surprise I also discovered benefits to having a cycle that I never knew existed, like times when I am full of creativity, which I now capitalise on.
I love to share this powerful approach with women through my book, workshops, blog, Instagram and Facebook. You’re warmly invited to join me at my next workshop coming up in Windsor in February 2020 – there’s nothing better than learning face-to-face in a supportive group of open-minded and curious women.
Enjoy my website and do get in touch if you’d like to know more.
Receive a FREE download of my eBook: Five Ways to an Easier, Nourishing and Restorative Period – through self-care, mindfulness and yoga. Scroll down to receive your free eBook.
My new book Yoga and the Menstrual Cycle – Live in Harmony with your Natural Rhythm has just been published. It will enable you to bring health, well-being, nurture and vitality into your life by living in sync with your cycle and practising yoga that supports you through its highs and lows.
Workshops & Talks
Come and discover how your cycle really affects you and how to tap into its benefits so you can be at your maximum health and well-being. I talk to workplaces and communities as well as leading workshops with yoga in sync with your menstrual cycle to nourish and revitalise you.
Five Ways to an Easier, Nourishing and Restorative Period – through self-care, mindfulness and yoga
Maybe your periods are difficult for you: painful, heavy, draining? Or maybe your periods are not troublesome at all but you like the idea of having a nourishing and restorative time? In my eBook you will:
- Find out how I cured the period pain that troubled me for 30 years
- Discover your period is more important that you might think and the benefits of living in sync with it
- Come away with practical and realistic tips for how to make your period easier, nourishing and restorative
- Enjoy 3 simple and gentle yoga practices to soothe and nurture you – including step-by-step instructions with photos.
To receive your FREE eBook:
1. Enter your name and email address in the boxes below, click the button (Yes I’d like my free ebook Download free eBook and to join the mailing list) and click on the Subscribe box.
2. You’ll then get the page to confirm you are not a robot.
3. Then you’ll see the page “Thanks for requesting your free eBook and joining the emailing list”. This gives you the link to yogaandthemenstrualcycle.com and instructions to download your eBook.
4. Any problems then please contact me.
You will be added to my emailing list to receive news, inspiration and offers – usually a monthly newsletter with occasional special newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of my Mailchimp emails. Full details of what I do with your email address are here: https://yogaandthemenstrualcycle.com/terms-service-privacy-policy/
From my Blog
"Periods have no health benefit" claimed this recent article in The Guardian. It explores how many women are taking The Pill continuously to stop their periods because they are so difficult. But are there other options? There’s certainly no shortage of evidence that...
What is syncing yoga with your menstrual cycle? Syncing yoga with your menstrual cycle means varying your yoga practice in tune with your natural cyclical changes. We are constantly changing, and our yoga practice needs to change with us. It needs to become...
I’ve just restarted Parkrun after a 7-year absence! Now I’m very conscious of where I am in my menstrual cycle when I run so I know when not to run, when to build-up, when to push it, when to go easy and why some days it’s harder work. Back then I had no menstrual...
The best things come in small packages Menstrual Doodles is a fabulous little book. Little it may be, but it is rich in practical information. Written in a light and humorous style, it brings on a wry smile and even made me laugh out loud a couple of times! It...
1. They’re lovely and soft against your skin so you hardly feel like you’re wearing a pad. 2. They’re flexible so they mould to the curve of your body and move with you. 3. There’s no sticky backing so you never get your pubic hair agonisingly pulled if you get your...
Letting go of thoughts and emotions is often talked about in the worlds of yoga, meditation and spirituality. It is held up as an important ability to have and is an integral part of many practices. And yet I always struggled with the entire concept. What did...
Slowing down is an alien concept to most of us. The culture in which we live likes us to be speedy, efficient and productive. If we are slow and seemingly unproductive it is often seen as a sign of weakness or laziness. It’s certainly not encouraged. But those...
It took one of my boyfriends to point out to me in my twenties that I was a nightmare to be around in the week before my period. Before that, I’d know that I suffered from premenstrual syndrome (PMS) but not realised that it impacted on other people. Uh-oh. I thought...
The reality of period pain If you suffer from period pain (dysmenorrhea) then you need no introduction to it: dull belly ache, cramping pains in the abdomen and lower backache. It can be so painful that it induces nausea or even vomiting. You're not alone, which is...